Caution: Skin darkening means skin damage; if your skin is getting darker you need to take a good care of your skin to prevent further damages.
People often wonder why do their skins darken and the skin darkening I am talking about include tans, discolorations, pigmentation etc. Almost, all of these blots are caused by injury to the skin.
Skin darkening is one of the two protective mechanisms that the skin contains; the other one is skin thickening. Now, what protection does darkening offer to the skin? Darkening protects the skin from the ultraviolet injury caused by the sun.
Sunlight contains ultraviolet radiations that cause injury to the skin. The darker the skin gets, the lesser ultraviolet radiations damage the skin.
You might have a strong belief that simply applying homemade remedies can cure the damage caused to your skin. But homemade remedies are not efficient enough to make your skin lighter because they do not penetrate in the inner layer of your skin where the actual damage has taken place.
I have used plethora of homemade remedies that I have found on the internet for 3 long months but nothing seemed to work. However, they only gave a temporary glow to my skin but after a few days everything was the same.
I was extremely worried as with each day to sun exposure the dark spots became more prominent. It was after three long months a friend of mine suggested me something she calls as the “5 steps to skin lightening.”
I started following her “5 steps to skin lightening” with complete dedication and within 2 weeks I was actually seeing results. However, it didn’t remove my dark spots and discoloration in those first 2 weeks completely but diminished the appearance to around 60 percent.
After 2 more weeks my dark spots and discoloration were completely gone and my skin was back to my usual skin tone. So, the method that I am about to reveal you is a sure shot way to make your skin lighter within 2 weeks.
However, before exposing my secret sauce, I want to advise you to follow each and every step for best results. Please do not try to cut corners, as it will directly affect the results you will get on your skin.
So, here are the 5 steps to make your skin lighter:
- Step 1: Pay attention to what you eat, from today itself start having foods that are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. These three Vitamins are great for your skin, they will help make your skin healthy and they will also aid in healing the damage caused to your skin. Good sources of Vitamin A, C and E are green leafy vegetables, tomato, peanuts, eggs, papaya, mangoes, guava, red berries, grapes and oranges.
- Step 2: Drink at least 2 litres of water daily. Water works great for your skin as it moisturizes and also cleanse your skin.
- Step 3: Apply a good sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 or above before getting exposed to the sun. Sunscreen lotion prevents the harmful ultraviolet radiations of the sun to cause further damage to your skin.
- Step 4: Exfoliate your skin with lemon thrice a week. This will remove the dead skin cells from your skin and make it lighter. The main ingredient found in lemon called citric acid breaks the protein which binds the dead skin cells and thus makes it easier to remove those dead skin cells. If your skin is sensitive to lemon then add some water to the lemon and then apply it to your skin else, apply it directly to your skin.
- Step 5: The most important thing you need to do is to apply a top quality skin lightening cream twice a day. Make sure that the skin lightening cream you are using contains natural ingredients and has no hydroquinone. I have experienced great results with meladerm skin lightening cream and the best thing about it is that it contains some of the safest and most effective natural ingredients that penetrates deep into your skin and heals the damage really fast. Click the link above for an in-depth review of meladerm skin lightening cream.
Skin lightening is actually a process that needs patience and commitment. If you just follow these five steps with complete dedication then I must assure you that you can make your skin lighter in less than 2 weeks.
I would really love to hear your valuable comments please share a few words in the comment box. If you have any queries or questions feel free to post in the comment box below and please do not forget to press the Like button.